1600 Watt Voltage Converter Kit
1600 Watt Voltage Converter Kit
European Converter Kit 1600 Watt includes the converter and the four most common common adapter plugs. The 1600 watt solid state converter can be used with hairdryers, hair roller sets, beverage heaters, clothes steamers, hot plates, incandescent lamps, and non-electronic coffee makers. This converter enables your non-electronic heating appliances rated between 50 and 1600 watts to run on foreign electricity (220 volts).
Self-contained heat sensor will turn the converter off as necessary to prevent electric overload. The converter features continental Europe round pins and will fit in many European outlets. The adapters allow you to use the converter and other appliances in countries overseas such as Korea, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, Hong Kong...
50 to 1600 Watt Converters enables your non-electronic heating appliances rated between 50 and 1600 watts to run on foreign electricity systems that have 220-260 volts. (In the USA we run on a lower voltage system of 110-130 volts).
This 1600 Watt solid state Converter can be used with hairdryers hair roller sets beverage heaters clothes steamers hot plates incandescent lamps and *non-electronic coffee makers and irons. The self-contained heat sensor will turn the converter off as necessary to prevent electric overload.
A Converter is NOT designed for continuous use so remember to remove the converter from the electrical outlet when not in use. If you need to run your appliance continuously (for more than 30 minutes at a time) you should use a transformer NOT a converter.
Voltage Converter Kit Features:
- Four international non-grounded adapters
- 1600 Watt voltage converter
- Automatic overload protection (no fuses to change)
- Travel Case
This kit does not include the unique South Africa plug. If you are traveling to South Africa please refer to the adapter guide.
1600 Watt Converter Features:
- Weight: 0.5 lbs
- Continental Europe round pins
- Dimensions: 2 3/4"H x 2"W x 1 3/4"D
- Input: 220-240VAC 50 Hz
- Output: 110-120VAC 50 Hz
- 1600 Watts Max
- Model V16B
ONLY for use with high wattage non-electronic heating appliances* rated up to 1600 watts such as:
- Clothes steamers
- Coffee makers
- Electric blankets
- Food / Bottle warmers
- Hair dryers
- heating pads
- Immersion Heaters
- Hot roller sets
- Incandescent lamps
* Do not use Model VCAB with electronically controlled heating appliances including: Coffee Makers, Irons, Electric Blankets, Hair Straighteners, etc., that use digital timing/temperature control circuits or have Auto Start or Auto Shut-off features.
This 1600 watt voltage converter allows most 110 / 120 volt heating appliances built for use in North America to operate safely while traveling in countries with 220 / 240 volt electricity. The 1600 watt converter is ONLY for use with high wattage non-electronic heating appliances rated up to 1600 watts. The International Adaptor Plugs modify foreign electrical outlets to accept the converter.
If an overload condition occurs your converter will automatically shut off, protecting the converter and your appliance. To restart, simply unplug the converter and allow to cool, then plug back in. There are no fuses to replace.
CAUTION: Each foreign electricity converter is designed for use with the product types listed above. They cannot be used interchangeably, Also converters should never be used with clocks, computers, high fidelity equipment, hooded hair dryers, medical equipment, projectors, television sets, typewriters, or any permanently installed equipment. Voltage converters will not work with direct current (DC). They are not designed for continuous use.
- Before using your converter, check to see if the electrical outlet is 110 - 120 volts or 220 - 240 volts. Your converter will not work in a 110 - 120 volt outlet, and both it and your appliance may be seriously damaged or ruined if used incorrectly.
- All voltage converters are equipped with an internal shut-off and reset system. When it becomes overworked it will automatically shut itself off. Should this occur, remove the converter from the outlet and allow a short period for it to cool down and reset itself.
- Some appliances may operate a bit slower when used in foreign countries. This is normal and will not harm your appliances.
- At times there may be a low humming sound in the converter - this is normal.
- Remove your converter from the wall outlet when not in use.
How to Use Converter:
- Select the proper voltage converter for use with your appliances.
- Insert your appliance plug into the converter.
- Plug the converter into the wall outlet and turn on appliances. If an adapter plug is necessary, simply select the appropriate plug, snap it onto the converter and then plug the unit into the wall outlet.
About Dual Voltage Appliances:
When traveling with appliances it is important to know whether your appliance is dual voltage. If it is not dual voltage you will need either a converter or a transformer when traveling. Typically cell phones, cameras, tablets and laptops are dual voltage and do not need a converter.
Usually hair dryers, curling irons, battery chargers, electronic razors and electronic toothbrushes not dual voltage. These appliances will need either a converter or a transformer. It is important to check the label for each of your appliances that you will be traveling with.
The United States runs on about 120 volts electricity while many other countries run on 220 volts electricity or higher. Without a converter or transformer you can burn out your appliance.
The adapters in this kit are non grounded. If you need a grounded adapter plug please refer to the adapter guide.
Grounded Adapter Plugs
If you are traveling with a grounded United States dual/multi-voltage appliance or using a grounded Transformer you will need to use a grounded adaptor plug. A grounded United States plug has two flat blades and one round pin.
Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs
Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.
Recessed European Outlets
IMPORTANT: If you are using a voltage converter and are traveling in a country that uses recessed electrical outlets you will need to carry a Continental Europe Non Grounded two round pin plug, even if the converter has these round pins built in.