50 / 2000 Watt Autoswitching Voltage Converter Kit

50 / 2000 Watt Autoswitching Voltage Converter Kit


Converter Kit includes autoswitching voltage converter that combines a 50 watt transformer and a 2000 watt solid state converter into one unit.  The kit also includes four adapter plugs for international world travel.  All of these come in a handy, hard travel case. The converter features continental Europe round pins and will fit in many European outlets.  The adapters allow you to use the converter and other appliances in countries overseas such as Korea, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, Hong Kong...

Add To Cart

Combination 2-in-1 Converter Kit enables either your electronic 50 watt appliance or your non-electronic 1600 watt heating appliance to run on foreign electricity (220 volts). (In the USA we run on a lower voltage system of 110-130 volts).

This Converter Kit includes the Continental Europe Non-Grounded Adapter

The 50 watt switch setting can be used with battery chargers curling irons portable tape/CD players camcorders contact lens disinfectors electric shavers and radios and other low wattage appliances. The 1600 watt switch setting can be used with hairdryers hair roller sets beverage heaters clothes steamers hot plates incandescent lamps and non-electronic coffee makers and irons. The self-contained heat sensor will turn the converter off as necessary to prevent electric overload.

A Converter is NOT designed for continuous use so remember to remove the converter from the electrical outlet when not in use. If you need to run your appliance continuously (for more than 30 minutes at a time) you should use a transformer NOT a converter.Remember: Adapter Plugs do NOT change the voltage; they only change the configuration of the pins. You need a Converter or a Transformer to change the voltage input into your appliance.

Automatic load sensing allows use with 110-120 volt electronic and motorized appliances that require 50 watts or less and with NON-ELECTRONIC heating appliances* that require 2000 watts or less.

Learn More About Dual Voltage Appliances by reading Going In Style's Blog

Autoswitching 2000 Watt Converter & Adapter Kit Features:

  • Automatic load sensing
  • Electronic 50 Watts Max
  • Non-electronic 2000 Watts Max
  • Weight: 1 lb. 
  • Dimensions: 3 3/4"H x 2 1/2"W x 2 1/4"D 
  •  Input: 220-240VAC 50 Hz
  •  Output: 110-120VAC 50 Hz
  • Converter has continental European round pins
  • Four International Adapters
  • Handy Travel Case

Use with electronic and motorized devices such as:

  • Battery Chargers
  • Camcorders
  • CD/MP3 Players 
  • Cell Phones
  • Contact Lens Disinfectors 
  • Digital Cameras
  • Electric Shavers
  • Oral Hygiene Devices
  • Radios
  • Sound Machines

Use ONLY with NON-ELECTRONIC heating appliances such as:

  • Beverage Heaters
  • Clothes Steamers
  • Coffee Makers
  • Electric Blankets
  • Food/Bottle Warmers
  • Hair Dryers
  • Hair Roller Sets
  • Heating Pads
  • Hot Plates
  • Incandescent Lamps
  • Irons

Overload Protection
If an overload condition occurs your converter will automatically shut off, protecting the converter and your appliance. To restart, simply unplug the converter and allow to cool, then plug back in. There are no fuses to replace.

* Do not use Model VCAP with electronically controlled heating appliances including: Coffee Makers, Irons, Electric Blankets, Hair Straighteners, etc., that use digital timing/temperature control circuits or have Auto Start or Auto Shut-off features.

NOTE: The VCAP is not designed for continuous use and should be removed from the electrical outlet when not in use.

About Dual Voltage

When traveling with appliances it is important to know whether your appliance is dual voltage.  If it is not dual voltage you will need either a converter or a transformer when traveling. Typically cell phones, cameras, tablets and laptops are dual voltage and do not need a converter.

Usually hair dryers, curling irons, battery chargers, hair straighteners, electronic razors and electronic toothbrushes not dual voltage.  These appliances will need either a converter or a transformer.  It is important to check the label for each of your appliances that you will be traveling with.

The United States runs on about 120 volts electricity while many other countries run on 220 volts electricity or higher. Without a converter or transformer you can burn out your appliance.

The adapters in this kit are non grounded.  If you need a grounded adapter plug please refer to the adapter guide.

Grounded Adapter Plugs

If you are traveling with a grounded United States dual/multi-voltage appliance or using a grounded Transformer you will need to use a grounded adaptor plug. A grounded United States plug has two flat blades and one round pin.

Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs

Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.

Recessed European Outlets

IMPORTANT: If you are using a voltage converter and are traveling in a country that uses recessed electrical outlets you will need to carry a Continental Europe Non Grounded two round pin plug, even if the converter has these round pins built in.