United States / Japan Dual USB Nongrounded Travel Adapter

United States / Japan Dual USB Nongrounded Travel Adapter


US and Japan nongrounded adapter plug allows you to plug in your polarized US plugs and USB chargers into wall outlets in North America. Dual USB cable connection for tablets, smart phone, GPS, digital camera devices. 

US / Japan Dual USB Nongrounded Adapter Features:

  • Dimensions 3" x 1.75" (including pins) x 1.5"
  • Weight 2.7 oz
  • Input 100V - 240 VAC 50 / 60 Hz
  • USB1 5VDC 2.1Z / USB2 5VDC 1.0A
  • Travel Adapter Model #PAU2USB

NOTE: Adaptor plugs DO NOT convert voltage. When voltage conversion is needed, use an electricity converter.

Add To Cart

Why do I need a North American adapter?

Even though many countries uses North American sockets, the sockets are not required to be polarized. Since devices such as laptops have a polarized plug with one prong wider than the other, you will may still need a North America Adapter to use your appliances in countries with the two flat pin type electrical outlets. U.S. Nongrounded with Dual USB Adapter Plug removes polarization from non-grounded U.S. plugs. U.S Nongrounded Adapter Plug with two USB ports will accept foriegn style nongrounded plugs included European plugs.

Nongrounded U.S adapter plug is used to modify electrical outlets in many countries around the world. Use with multi-voltage European 2 pin plugs. North America Non-grounded Adapter Plug is used for traveling to North America, Central America, Caribbean and Japan. North America Travel Adapter Plug works in the United States, Canada, Mexico and many countries in Central America and the Caribbean. Continental Europe adapter plug with dual USB modifies Continental European style electrical outlets to accept voltage converters and North American non-grounded multi-voltage products. Travel adapter is equipt with two USB charging ports (2.1 AMP and 1.0 AMP).

North America adapter plug with two USB ports has automatic protection functions and over current / voltage / power / short circuit protection. A converter may be required to operate electric devices in foreign countries.

You may still need a North America flat pin adapter when traveling because foreign electrical sockets are not always polarized. US and Canada outlets are polarized with one pin larger than the other for safety. Shop for AC power adapters before you leave for your trip.

Non-Grounded Travel Adapter Plugs

Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.

Computers and Apple Products

If you are traveling overseas with a laptop or apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.


Going in Style adapters allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. Adapter plugs DO NOT convert voltage and only change the configuration of the pins. When voltage conversion is needed, use an electricity converter. An electricity converter changes the voltage input into your appliance. The United States electrical appliances operate on a lower current of 110-120 volts AC (Alternating Current). Most of the world operates on 220-240 volts AC. Therefore converter units enable your electronic and non-electronic appliances to run on foreign electricity (220-240 volts) to match the voltage requirements of your 110-120 volt device. Failure to run your appliance with a converter could damage your appliance.

Shop Going In Style Converters

List of Countries that Use North America Type Sockets