Going In Style | Travel Adapters

World Travel Adapters

Electrical plug adapters are usually required when you travel abroad. Adapters enable your appliances to be plugged in to any type of electrical outlet around the world by changing the pin configuration of your power plug.

ORDER DESK 800-637-8953

International Shipping | Shipping & Returns | Contact Us | Privacy Policy




Why Does England Use a South Africa Plug?

Adapter Plugs United Kingdom

Adapter Plugs United Kingdom

If you are traveling to the United Kingdom, you will need adapter plugs to charge your cell phone, iPad and power your laptop computer. England uses two types of plugs. One plug is called the United Kindgom plug (GUD) and has three rectangle pins. The other plug used in England is the South Africa plug (GUE) that has three large round pins.

So why does England use a South Africa plug? It is common for countries to have more than one type of outlet. Most areas in England will use the GUD plug, however in some older parts of England you might see an outlet for the GUE plug. The reason that South Africa and England share a plug type is because the British Empire controlled South Africa for quite some time. 

Most likely when you are in England you will encounter the GUD plug, but it is prudent to take along the GUE plug just in case.

Countries that use the GUE type plug include:

Still Not Sure? Read our Adapter Guide >> http://www.goinginstyle.net/not-sure-read-our-adapter-guide/

Travel Adapter for iPhone 7

iPhone 7 with Europe Grounded Adapter

iPhone 7 with Europe Grounded Adapter

How will you charge your new iPhone 7 when you travel? Most Apple products charge via a two prong, nongrounded plug, therefore you will need a nongrounded adapter, that corresponds with the country you are traveling to, in order to charge your iPhone 7.

You can easily search for the adapter or adapters you will need for your destination country using our adapter list of countries listed alphabetically from A to Z. Simply click on the letter of the country you will be traveling to, then click your destination country. 

Adapters listed by country >> http://www.goinginstyle.net/travel-adapters-a-z/

In order to charge your iPhone 7, you will need the Basic (nongrounded) Adapter Kit with the black adapter(s). Many customers order the Deluxe Adapter Kit so they can have extra adapters. Having additional adapters means you can charge your iPhone 7 and your iPad at the same time.

When traveling with apple products, such as your iPhone 7, you will most likely NOT need a converter because in general, apple products are dual voltage. You should check all your electronics before you leave on your trip to make sure all your devices are dual voltage including your camera battery charger, hair dryer, electric toothbrush...

Watch our video

How To Check If Your Appliances Are Dual Voltage >> https://youtu.be/9aZz_R8Xg2M

Watch our video

What Is The Difference Between A Grounded And Nongrounded Adapter? >> https://youtu.be/kdjs_BmvP0E