Central America Travel Adapter Kit | Going In Style

Central America Travel Adapter Kit | Going In Style

from 11.03

Central America adaptor kit has the adapters you will need to travel to the countries located in Central America including, Guatemala, Belize and Panama.

Deluxe Adapter Kit: Includes four adapters and ships Priority Mail with tracking.

Standard  Adapter Kit: Includes two grounded adapter.  

Basic Adapter Kit:  Includes two non-grounded adapter.

Price: $11.03 - 31.03

Add To Cart

Central America Deluxe Travel Adapter Plug Set includes two grounded and two ungrounded plugs. These adapter plugs allow you to plug your foreign (Australia, Europe, China) electric plugs into Central America wall outlets.

Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. A non-grounded adapter may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter.  If your hair dryer, curling iron, electric razor is not dual voltage you will most likely need a converter to use your electric.  

Deluxe Kit Features:

  • Two adapter plugs
  • Priority shipping upgrade
  • Handy travel bag
  • Going In Style Central America Model GIS-CEAM-A-D-GUA-GUD

Standard Kit Features:

  • One grounded adapter
  • CE Certified 
  • Going In Style Central America Model GIS-CEAM-A-D-GUA-GUD

Basic Kit Features:

  • One non-grounded adapter
  • Polarized plugs
  • Going In Style Central America Model GIS-CEAM-A-D-GUA-GUD

Grounded Adapter Plugs

If you are traveling with a grounded United States dual/multi-voltage appliance or using a grounded Transformer you will need to use a grounded adaptor plug. A grounded United States plug has two flat blades and one round pin.

Non-Grounded (Ungrounded) Adapter Plugs

Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.

Computers and Apple Products

If you are traveling overseas with a laptop or apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.

Converter- Changing Current Voltage

Going in Style adapters allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. Adapter plugs DO NOT convert voltage and only change the configuration of the pins. When voltage conversion is needed, use an electricity converter. An electricity converter changes the voltage input into your appliance. The United States electrical appliances operate on a lower current of 110-120 volts AC (Alternating Current). Most of the world operates on 220-240 volts AC. Therefore converter units enable your electronic and non-electronic appliances to run on foreign electricity (220-240 volts) to match the voltage requirements of your 110-120 volt device. Failure to run your appliance with a converter could damage your appliance.

When traveling to the United States from Europe you will need a converter to convert 240 volt appliances to 110 volts.  Check your appliances to see if they are dual voltage before you leave on your trip.

Countries of Central America