Europe and United Kingdom Travel Adapter Kit | Going In Style

Europe and United Kingdom Travel Adapter Kit | Going In Style

from 22.03

The Europe Continental and United Kingdom Adapter Kit has all the adapters you will need for traveling around the continent of Europe including England, France, Italy, Spain and the UK.

Deluxe: Includes nine adapters for traveling Continental Europe.  This kit includes Priority Shipping with tracking.

Standard: Includes six Grounded Adapters

Basic: Includes three Non-Grounded Adapters

Price: $22.03 - $63.03

Add To Cart

Continental Europe Two Round Pin Adapter

When planning a trip through Europe and the United Kingdom you will need to take along a variety of adapters to fit the wall outlets of each country you are visiting.  The United Kingdom uses a unique, three square pin, adapter that is includes in this kit.

The Deluxe Europe and UK Adapter Kit includes a total of 9 plugs, and includes both grounded and non grounded adapters.  Going In Style's Deluxe Kits always ship Priority Mail with tracking so you will have your adapters to you in time for your trip.  The Deluxe Kit also comes with a handy, drawstring adapter bag for carrying your adapters on your travels.

Europe Adaptor plug Kit allows US, North America, China, Australia and Mexico appliance plugs to be used in Continental Europe and in the United Kingdom.  Countries that this these adapters will work include Switzerland, Spain,  France, Germany, Greece, England, Northern Ireland and Denmark.  Denmark and Switzerland have unique adapters.  If you will be traveling to the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland this adapter kit will have the plugs you need.

UK Adapter Plug

Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. A non-grounded adapter may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter.  If your hair dryer, curling iron, electric razor is not dual voltage you will most likely need a converter to use your electric.  For more information see Going In Style's Adapter and Converter Finder.

Many of our customers find it handy to have multiple adaptors while traveling - either to run several appliances simultaneously or simply as a backup.

If you think you will need additional adapters for your trip, you can also purchase individual adapters.

Deluxe Adapter Plug Kit Includes: 

  • Nine adapters total
  • Personal adapter travel bag
  • Priority shipping upgrade with tracking
  • Going In Style Europe Adapter Model GIS-EUK-000-0-0

Standard Adapter Plug Kit Includes:

  • Six grounded adapter plugs
  • CE Certified plugs
  • Going In Style Adapter Model GIS-EUK-000

Basic Adapter Plug Kit Includes:

  • Three non-grounded adapter plugs
  • Polarized Plugs
  • Going In Style Adapter Model GIS-EUK-000

Going In Style Adapters Feature:

  • CE Certified
  • Polarized adapter to fit polarized plugs (one prong larger than the other) 
  • Allows connection up to 240 volts
  • Enables United States appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
  • Enables Europe appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
  • An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).
  • Going In Style Adapters will work with Going In Style Converters

Grounded Adapter Plugs

If you are traveling with a grounded United States dual/multi-voltage appliance or using a grounded Transformer you will need to use a grounded adaptor plug. A grounded United States plug has two flat blades and one round pin.

Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs

Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.

Cycles: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz.

Many countries in Europe operate on higher volt electricity than the US.  For example, Greece operates on 230 volt electricity and is generated at 50Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. United States 110-120 volt electricity is generated at 60Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. This difference in cycles may cause the motor in your 60Hz United States appliance to operate slightly slower when used on 50Hz foreign electricity. Most modern electronic equipment including battery chargers, Lenovo, HP, Asus, Toshiba computers, iPods, etc., will not be affected by the difference in cycle.

Shop Going In Style Converters and Transformers

Computers and Apple Products

If you are traveling overseas with a Toshiba, HP, Lenovo, Asus, laptop or Apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.

Converter- Changing Current Voltage

Going in Style adapters allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. Adapter plugs DO NOT convert voltage and only change the configuration of the pins. When voltage conversion is needed, use an electricity converter. An electricity converter changes the voltage input into your appliance. The United States electrical appliances operate on a lower current of 110-120 volts AC (Alternating Current). Most of the world operates on 220-240 volts AC. Therefore converter units enable your electronic and non-electronic appliances to run on foreign electricity (220-240 volts) to match the voltage requirements of your 110-120 volt device. Failure to run your appliance with a converter could damage your appliance.

About Europe


About England (UK)

The United Kingdom is known for its charming architecture, parks, posh denizens and let's not forget its wet, drizzly weather.

Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Gaelic, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish, Swedish

note: only official languages are listed; German, the major language of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, is the most widely spoken mother tongue - about 18% of the EU population; English is the most widely spoken foreign language - about 38% of the EU population is conversant with it (2013)

Birth Rate

10.19 births/1,000 population (2013 est.)

Population Growth

0.21% (2013 est.)


Internally, the EU has abolished trade barriers, adopted a common currency, and is striving toward convergence of living standards.


$15.97 trillion (2012 est.)

country comparison to the world: 2

$16.02 trillion (2011 est.)

$15.77 trillion (2010 est.)

note: data are in 2012 US dollars

GDP - composition, by sector of origin

agriculture: 1.8%

industry: 25.3%

services: 72.8% (2012 est.)

Main Exports

machinery, motor vehicles, pharmaceuticals and other chemicals, fuels, aircraft, plastics, iron and steel, wood pulp and paper products, alcoholic beverages, furniture

Main Imports

fuels and crude oil, machinery, vehicles, pharmaceuticals and other chemicals, precious gemstones, textiles, aircraft, plastics, metals, ships

Exchange Rate

euros per US dollar -

0.78 (2012 est.)

Staying Connected


England (UK) has a technologically advanced domestic and international telephone system equal mix of buried cables, microwave radio relay, and fiber-optic systems. Cell phone coverage is superb. When travelling to England (UK) you will want to take an international or unlocked cell phone with a prepaid England (UK) SIM card. You can also contact your mobile service provider to set up an international calling plan. You will need an adapter to charge your phone. Most cell phone battery rechargers should be multi-voltage, therefore will not require a converter. If the charger says 100-240 volts, 50-60 cycles then your charger in multi-voltage.

England (UK) has 8.409 million internet hosts and over 51.444 million internet users. There is internet access in tourist hotels and internet cafes throughout England. When traveling with your laptop or iPad you will need an adapter to charge your device.


When flying into the United Kingdom you will have to choose between its 271 total airports.  Of course, some of these airports are either military or private airport, but that still leaves 15 international airports to choose from when flying to the UK from another country, including Belfast International, London Gatwick and Newcastle. Read about Carry-On Luggage Restrictions at UK aiports.

Once you land in the UK you can travel by car, van or taxi, which is the most common mode of transportation.  In London the taxis are black and if the "for hire" sign is lit up taxi drivers must stop for you when you hail that cab.  Buses and trains are also a convenient mode of transportation.  The red double decker buses are famous in England. Britain has over 2,500 train stations, therefore taking a train is advantageous.  The main train stations in London are Euston, St. Pancras, Victoria and Charing Cross.  Find Rail Connections in London.

The underground subway system is called the "tube".  London's tube network covers the most area of any other underground subway system.  London's underground railway is a great way to travel if you are sightseeing in London.

For more information on the United Kingdom you can visit the CIA World FactBook.