Voltage Converter 85 Watt
Voltage Converter 85 Watt
Light Duty 85 Watt Voltage Converter converts foreign electricity to North American Standard so electronic devices built for use in North America can operate on foreign electrical sources. electronic devices built for use in North America are designed to operate on 110 - 120 volts. Foreign electrical sources are commonly 220 - 240 volts. To use your North American electronic devices overseas a converter is necessary to change the voltage to 110 - 120 volts. This transformers can be used with appliances that have 85 watts or less.
Voltage Transformers enable the use of North American appliances that run on 110-120 Volts to be used in foreign countries with 220-260 Volts. This transformers can be used with appliances that have 85 watts or less.
Transformers are required (instead of converters) when continuous power is needed for electronic equipment or large appliances such as computers kitchen appliances medical equipment power tools stereo systems or any permanently installed electrical equipment.
This converter converts 220/240 volt foreign electricity to North American standard 110/120 volts. Its step-down transformer produces a true sine wave output for use with electronic devices rated up to a maximum of 85 watts.
The 85 Watt Converter Features:
- Built-in Continental European plug pins fit recessed outlets
- Accepts grounded North American plugs, but does not continue ground to foreign outlet
- Designed for continuous use
- Operation Light
- Input: 220-240VAC 50 Hz
- Output: 110-120VAC 50 Hz
- 85 Watts Maximum
- Weight 1.75 lb.
- Dimensions 4"H x 2 3/4"W x 2 1/2"D
- Model V85
This transformer-type voltage converter is designed for continuous use with 110-120 volt appliances that require 85 watts or less, while traveling in countries with 220-240 volt electricity. Includes an extended round pin European appliance plug designed to fit recessed sockets found in Continental Europe. To determine if you need additional adaptor plugs our Electricity Guide.
Use with 110-120 volt North American appliances and electronic devices such as:
- AC/DC Power Adaptors
- Answering Machines
- Battery Chargers
- Contact Lens Disinfectors
- Computer Monitors and Printers
- Cordless Telephones
- Curling Irons
- Electic Razors
- Electric Toothbrush
- Ink Jet Printers
- Notebook Computers
- Mini Stereo Sytems
- Oral Hygiene Devices
- Portable Fax Machines
- Stereo Systems – Small
- Water flosser
- VCR/DVD Players
- Video Games
DO NOT USE with ANY electonic devices that require more than 85 watts.
Note: DO NOT use this converter with Hair Straighteners. Their actual wattage usage during heat up is three to four times the rated wattage and can damage this converter.
How to Use Your 85 Watt Converter
- Read all instuctions before usein converters.
- Insert plug from your 110 / 120 volt device into the converter.
- Plug converter into a 220 / 240 volt wall outlet. Operation light will come on and you are ready to turn on your device. Note: If outlet is not recessed, fold out wire support bracket and then plug converter into outlet.
- For best results unplug your converter from the wall outlet when not in use.
- This converter is equipped with two round continetal Europe pins which are used with most 220/ 240 electical outlets. You may need an additional adapter plug in some countries.
- Before using your converter check to see if the electical outlet is 220 / 240 volts. The converter will not work in a 110/ 120 volt outlet.
- This 85 Watt converter is equipped with a safety fuse that will "blow" if the converter is used with devices exceeding its 85 watt rating. If this occures, unplug the converter from the wall outlet, allow to cool and replace fuse. A spare fuse is packed in the fuse compartment.
- Motorized devices may operate a bit slower when used in foreign countries. This is normal and will not harm your device.
- The 85 Watt Converter accepts grounded North American plugs but DOES NOT continue the ground to the foreign electrical outlet.
Recessed European Outlets
IMPORTANT: If you are using a voltage converter and are traveling in a country that uses recessed electrical outlets you will need to carry a Continental Europe Non Grounded two round pin plug, even if the converter has these round pins built in.