Voltage Converter 50 Watt

Voltage Converter 50 Watt


Transformer-type voltage converter can be used with North American 110-120 volt electronic and motorized devices that require 50 watts or less, while traveling in countries with 220-240 volt electricity.  This 50 Watt converter includes the round European pins.  An adapter may be required to use this voltage converter.

Voltage Converter 50 Watt Model V5B

Add To Cart

Going In Style's 0 to 50 Watt Converters enable your low wattage electronic appliances to run on foreign electricity systems that have 220-260 volts. (In the USA we run on a lower voltage system of 110-130 volts).

Learn More About Dual Voltage Appliances by reading Going In Style's Blog

This 50 watt step-down Converter is designed to be used with North American electronic motorized or heating appliances that have a wattage rating of 50 watts or less. Some products that fit this wattage range include battery chargers curling irons portable tape/CD players camcorders contact lens disinfectors electric shavers radios and other low wattage appliances.

A Converter is NOT designed for continuous use so remember to remove the converter from the electrical outlet when not in use. If you need to run your appliance continuously (for more than 30 minutes at a time) you should use a transformer NOT a converter. Remember: Adapter Plugs do NOT change the voltage; they only change the configuration of the pins. You need a Converter or a Transformer to change the voltage input into your appliance.

Converter 50 Watt Features: 

  • Automatic overload protection
  • Built-in Continental Europe plug pins
  • Can be used with 110/120 volt electronic, motorized, or heating appliances
  • Input 220-240VAC 50 Hz
  • Output  110-120VAC 50 Hz
  • Weight 0.75 lb.
  • Dimensions  2 3/4"H x 2"W x 1 3/4"D
  • Model V5B

Use with electronic and motorized devices such  as:

  • Battery Chargers
  • Camcorders
  • CD/MP3 Players
  • Cell Phones
  • Contact Lens Disinfecting
  • Digital Cameras
  • Electric Shavers
  • Oral Hygiene Devices
  • Radios
  • Sound Machines

About Dual Voltage Appliances: 

When traveling with appliances it is important to know whether your appliance is dual voltage.  If it is not dual voltage you will need either a converter or a transformer when traveling.

This video will show you how to check to make sure your appliance is dual voltage.  

Typically cell phones, cameras, tablets and laptops are dual voltage and do not need a converter.

Usually hair dryers, curling irons, battery chargers, hair straighteners, electronic razors and electronic toothbrushes not dual voltage.  These appliances will need either a converter or a transformer.  It is important to check the label for each of your appliances that you will be traveling with.

The United States runs on about 120 volts electricity while many other countries run on 220 volts electricity or higher.  Without a converter or transformer you can burn out your appliance.

Overload Protection
If an overload condition occurs your converter will automatically shut off, protecting the converter and your appliance. To restart, simply unplug the converter and allow to cool, then plug back in. There are no fuses to replace.

*IMPORTANT: An additional European adaptor plug, type "B"(PBC-1), is required to fit recessed sockets found in most countries in Continental Europe.

NOTE: The V5B is not designed for continuous use and should be removed from the electrical outlet when not in use.

NOTE: DO NOT use this converter with Hair Straighteners. Their actual wattage usage during heat up is three to four times the rated wattage and can damage this converter.


CAUTION:  Each foreign electricity converter is designed for use with the product types listed above.  They cannot be used interchangeably, Also converters should never be used with clocks, computers, high fidelity equipment, hooded hair dryers, medical equipment, projectors, television sets, typewriters, or any permanently installed equipment.  Voltage converters will not work with direct current (DC).  They are not designed for continuous use.


  • Before using your converter, check to see if the electrical outlet is 110 - 120 volts or 220 - 240 volts.  Your converter will not work in a 110 - 120 volt outlet, and both it and your appliance may be seriously damaged or ruined if used incorrectly.
  • All voltage converters are equipped with an internal shut-off and reset system.  When it becomes overworked it will automatically shut itself off.  Should this occur, remove the converter from the outlet and allow a short period for it to cool down and reset itself.  
  • Some appliances may operate a bit slower when used in foreign countries.  This is normal and will not harm your appliances. 
  • At times there may be a low humming sound in the converter - this is normal. 
  • Remove your converter from the wall outlet when not in use. 

How to Use:

  1. Select the proper voltage converter for use with your appliances.  
  2. Insert your appliance plug into the converter. 
  3. Plug the converter into the wall outlet and turn on appliances.  If an adapter plug is necessary, simply select the appropriate plug, snap it onto the converter and then plug the unit into the wall outlet. 

Recessed European Outlets

IMPORTANT: If you are using a voltage converter and are traveling in a country that uses recessed electrical outlets you will need to carry a Continental Europe Non Grounded two round pin plug, even if the converter has these round pins built in.