Voltage Converter - 50 to 1600 Watt

Voltage Converter - 50 to 1600 Watt


Voltage Converter is rated up to 1600 watts maximum.  This 50 to 1600 Watt Converters enables your non-electronic heating appliances rated between 50 and 1600 watts to run on foreign electricity systems that have 220-260 volts. In the USA we run on a lower voltage system of 110-130 volts and a voltage converter is necessary to use appliances overseas.

Voltage Converter Model V16B

Add To Cart

This 50-1600 Watt solid state Converter can be used with hairdryers hair roller sets beverage heaters clothes steamers hot plates incandescent lamps and non-electronic coffee makers and irons. Self-contained heat sensor will turn the converter off as necessary to prevent electric overload.  This 1600 watt converter is for use with 100 -120 volt non electronic heating appliances rated up to 1600 watts maximum.  

Learn More About Dual Voltage Appliances by reading Going In Style's Blog

A Converter is NOT designed for continuous use so remember to remove the converter from the electrical outlet when not in use. If you need to run your appliance continuously (for more than 30 minutes at a time) you should use a transformer NOT a converter. Remember: Adapter Plugs do NOT change the voltage; they only change the configuration of the pins. You need a Converter or a Transformer to change the voltage input into your appliance.

Solid State Converter Features: 

  • Weight: 0.5 lbs
  • Dimensions: 2 3/4"H x 2"W x 1 3/4"D
  • Input: 220-240VAC 50 Hz
  • Output:  110-120VAC 50 Hz
  • 1600 Watts Max
  • Model V16B

Use ONLY with NON-ELECTRONIC heating appliances* such as:

  • Beverage Heaters
  • Clothes Steamers
  • Coffee Makers
  • Electric Blankets
  • Food/Bottle Warmers
  • Hair Dryers
  • Hair Roller Sets
  • Heating Pads
  • Hot Plates
  • Incandescent Lamps
  • Irons

 When traveling with appliances it is important to know whether your appliance is dual voltage. If it is not dual voltage you will need either a converter or a transformer when traveling. 

About Dual Voltage Appliances: 

When traveling with appliances it is important to know whether your appliance is dual voltage.  If it is not dual voltage you will need either a converter or a transformer when traveling.

This video show you how to check to make sure your appliance is dual voltage.  

Typically cell phones, cameras, tablets and laptops are dual voltage and do not need a converter.

Usually hair dryers, curling irons, battery chargers, hair straighteners, electronic razors and electronic toothbrushes not dual voltage.  These appliances will need either a converter or a transformer.  It is important to check the label for each of your appliances that you will be traveling with.

The United States runs on about 120 volts electricity while many other countries run on 220 volts electricity or higher.  Without a converter or transformer you can burn out your appliance.

Important: Electronically controlled coffee makers, curling irons, hair straighteners, electic blankets, irons, etc.  that use digital timing / temperature circuits or have auto - start / auto - shutoff features may be damaged if used with this converter.  

CAUTION:  Each foreign electricity converter is designed for use with the product types listed above.  They cannot be used interchangeably, Also converters should never be used with clocks, computers, high fidelity equipment, hooded hair dryers, medical equipment, projectors, television sets, typewriters, or any permanently installed equipment.  Voltage converters will not work with direct current (DC).  They are not designed for continuous use.


  • Before using your converter, check to see if the electrical outlet is 110 - 120 volts or 220 - 240 volts.  Your converter will not work in a 110 - 120 volt outlet, and both it and your appliance may be seriously damaged or ruined if used incorrectly.
  • All voltage converters are equipped with an internal shut-off and reset system.  When it becomes overworked it will automatically shut itself off.  Should this occur, remove the converter from the outlet and allow a short period for it to cool down and reset itself.  
  • Some appliances may operate a bit slower when used in foreign countries.  This is normal and will not harm your appliances. 
  • At times there may be a low humming sound in the converter - this is normal. 
  • Remove your converter from the wall outlet when not in use. 

How to Use:

  1. Select the proper voltage converter for use with your appliances.  
  2. Insert your appliance plug into the converter. 
  3. Plug the converter into the wall outlet and turn on appliances.  If an adapter plug is necessary, simply select the appropriate plug, snap it onto the converter and then plug the unit into the wall outlet. 

Recessed European Outlets

IMPORTANT: If you are using a voltage converter and are traveling in a country that uses recessed electrical outlets you will need to carry a Continental Europe Non Grounded two round pin plug, even if the converter has these round pins built in.