Autoswitching Voltage Converter | 50 - 2000 Watts

Autoswitching Voltage Converter | 50 - 2000 Watts


Autoswitching 50 to 2000 Watt Voltage Converter enables your non-electronic heating appliances rated between 50 and 2000 watts to run on foreign electricity systems that have 220-260 volts. (In the USA we run on a lower voltage system of 110-130 volts).

If you are traveling overseas with a device that is not dual voltage then you will need a voltage converter or transformer. 

Autoswitching Voltage Converter Model VCAB

Add To Cart

The VCAB combines a 50 watt transformer and a 2000 watt solid state converter into one unit. Automatic load sensing allows use with 110-120 volt electronic and motorized appliances that require 50 watts or less and with NON-ELECTRONIC heating appliances.

Auto-switching Converter Features: 

  • Automatic load sensing
  • Electronic 50 Watts Max
  • Non-electronic 2000 Watts Max
  • Weight: 1 lb. 
  • Dimensions: 3 3/4"H x 2 1/2"W x 2 1/4"D 
  • Input: 220-240VAC 50 Hz
  • Output: 110-120VAC 50 Hz
  • Model VCAB

Use with electronic and motorized devices such as:

  • Battery Chargers
  • Camcorders
  • CD/MP3 Players
  • Cell Phones
  • Contact Lens Disinfectors
  • Digital Cameras
  • Electric Shavers
  • Oral Hygiene Devices
  • Radios
  • Sound Machines

Use ONLY with NON-ELECTRONIC heating appliances* such as:

  • Beverage Heaters
  • Clothes Steamers
  • Coffee Makers
  • Electric Blankets
  • Food/Bottle Warmers
  • Hair Dryers
  • Hair Roller Sets
  • Heating Pads
  • Hot Plates
  • Incandescent Lamps
  • Irons

Overload Protection

If an overload condition occurs your converter will automatically shut off, protecting the converter and your appliance. To restart, simply unplug the converter and allow to cool, then plug back in. There are no fuses to replace.

* Do not use Model VCAB with electronically controlled heating appliances including: Coffee Makers, Irons, Electric Blankets, Hair Straighteners, etc., that use digital timing/temperature control circuits or have Auto Start or Auto Shut-off features.

**IMPORTANT: An additional European adaptor plug, type "B"(PBC-1), is required to fit recessed sockets found in most countries in Continental Europe.

NOTE: The model VCAB is not designed for continuous use and should be removed from the electrical outlet when not in use.

About Dual Voltage

When traveling with appliances it is important to know whether your appliance is dual voltage.  If it is not dual voltage you will need either a converter or a transformer when traveling.

This video show you how to check to make sure your appliance is dual voltage.  

Typically cell phones, cameras, tablets and laptops are dual voltage and do not need a converter.

Usually hair dryers, curling irons, battery chargers, hair straighteners, electronic razors and electronic toothbrushes not dual voltage.  These appliances will need either a converter or a transformer.  It is important to check the label for each of your appliances that you will be traveling with.

The United States runs on about 120 volts electricity while many other countries run on 220 volts electricity or higher.  Without a converter or transformer you can burn out your appliance.

Recessed European Outlets

IMPORTANT: If you are using a voltage converter and are traveling in a country that uses recessed electrical outlets you will need to carry a Continental Europe Non Grounded two round pin plug, even if the converter has these round pins built in. 

Learn More About Dual Voltage Appliances by reading Going In Style's Blog