Korea Travel Adapter Kit | Going In Style

Korea Travel Adapter Kit | Going In Style

from 8.00

Korea Adaptor Kit has the adapters you will need for traveling to all parts of the country of South Korea from the capital city of Seoul to the coastal city of Mokpo.

Deluxe Adapter Kit: Includes four adapters and ships Priority Mail with tracking.

Standard PLUS Adapter Kit: Includes two grounded adapters with one travel power strip AC USB ports built-in surge protection and ships Priority Mail every time.

Standard Adapter Kit: Includes two grounded adapters.  

Basic Adapter Kit:  Includes two non-grounded adapters.

Price: $8.00 - $47.00

Add To Cart

Grounded and Non Grounded Plugs for Traveling to Korea

Korea is located close to the island country of Japan. Japan uses the North America adapter with the two flat pins. If you will be traveling to Japan as well as Korea, the Korea adaptor kit will be sufficient for both countries. 

Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. A non-grounded adapter may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter.  If your hair dryer, curling iron, electric razor is not dual voltage you will most likely need a converter to use your electric.  For more information see Going In Style's Adapter and Converter Finder.

Many of our customers find it handy to have multiple adaptors while traveling - either to run several appliances simultaneously or simply as a backup. Buy Korea adapter plugs before your departure.  You might have trouble finding where to buy adapters once you arrive in Korea.  You will want to be able to charge your smart phone, iPad, Kindle and laptop right away when you arrive at your destination.

To learn more about adapters and converters visit Going In Style's Video Page.

Why do I need a North American adapter?

Even though Korea uses North American sockets, the sockets are not required to be polarized. Since devices such as laptops have a polarized plug with one prong wider than the other, you will still need an adapter to use your plug in Korea.

Going In Style Korea Model GIS-KO-A-B-GUA-GUB

Deluxe Adapter Plug Kit Includes: 

  • Four adapters total
  • Personal adapter travel bag
  • Priority shipping upgrade with tracking
  • Going In Style Korea Model GIS-KO-A-B-GUA-GUB

Standard PLUS Adapter Plug Kit Includes:

  • Two grounded adapter plugs
  • CE Certified plugs
  • One travel power strip surge protector
  • Going In Style Power Plug Model GIS-KO-TP

Standard Adapter Plug Kit Includes:

  • Two grounded adapter plugs
  • CE Certified plugs
  • One travel power strip surge protector
  • Going In Style Korea Model GIS-KO-PS-GUA-GUB

Basic Adapter Plug Kit Includes:

  • Two non-grounded adapter plugs
  • Polarized Plugs
  • Going In Style Adapter Korea Model GIS-KO-A-B

Going In Style Adapters Feature:

  • CE Certified
  • Polarized adapter to fit polarized plugs (one prong larger than the other) 
  • Allows connection up to 240 volts
  • Enables United States appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
  • Enables Europe appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
  • An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).
  • Going In Style Adapters will work with Going In Style Converters

Dual Voltage Power Strip Built-In Surge Protection for Travel

Power Strip is included with the Standard PLUS Adapter Plug Kit and is a great alternative to carrying a bunch of adapter plugs to charge all your electronics and devices. A Korea grounded adapter plug is necessary to plug the power strip into Korea electrical wall socket. Korea uses two types of adapter plugs. One type of adapter plus is the same as the North America / US plug however Korea wall sockets are not required to be polarized. US power plugs are required to be polarized (one pin fatter than the other) for safety purposes. US polarized plugs will not fit into Korea non-polarized wall outlets. Therefore, a polarized adapter plug is required when traveling to Korea. 

Travel power strip is dual voltage and has complete 3 line surge protection. Plug in your United States / North America appliance plugs into the three AC outlets. Foreign electricity can have unexpected power surges and voltage spikes that can damage expensive electronics and appliances. If you are traveling with a laptop you will want to make a safe connection and surge protection is recommended. 

Travel power strip eliminates the need for additional adapters. One grounded adapter is required to plug the power strip into the destination country's electrical outlet. Power Strip replaces the need for three grounded adapters with the added bonus of two usb ports so all your camera batteries, phones, electric toothbrushes are charged up and ready to go every morning.

When you get to destination country you can plug your travel power strip into the countries wall sockets with the grounded adapter plug included in the Standard Plus Kit. Travel Power Surge Strip allows you to plug in three United States devices and two USB ports simultaneously. That means you can power your laptop while charging your cell phone and camera battery pack. Additionally the power strip has two 5V DC USB outlets with auto cut off auto reset overload protection so you can charge your cell ipad via the USB port and safe the AC outlets for other electronics. 

Travel Dual Voltage Power Strip with Surge Protection has a North America US plug, however you can plug it into any wall outlet world wide with the correct earthed adapter. The Standard Plus kit not only includes the power strip but also the grounded adapter needed to plug your power strip into foreign countries wall sockets. Travel power strip with surge protection is dual voltage and will work world wide. However, this power strip DOES NOT convert voltage so your appliance will need to be dual voltage or a converter is required.

Compact design and space-saving cord management system make it easy to take with you on all your trips.  Use the Power Surge Strip to keep electronic devices charged and ready to go at all times. Already have an adapter plug for your destination country? Shop for just the travel power strip.

**IMPORTANT: The Travel Power Strip DOES NOT convert voltage. Your AC devices MUST be rated 100-240, 110/220 or 120/240VAC to use them on foreign 220-240VAC electrical systems.

Read more about traveling with a Power Strip with Built In Surge Protection on Going In Style's Adapter and Converter Blog>> http://www.goinginstyle.net/news/2016/7/7/why-travel-with-a-power-strip

Travel Power Strip Features:

  • Complete 3 Line Surge Protection
  • Dual Voltage 100 - 240 VAC
  • Three AC outlets Input/Output 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
  • Max load 15A
  • Two 5V DC USB Outlets with Auto cut-off/auto-reset overload protection
  • Weight 0.56 lb.
  • Dimensions 5"H x 3"W x 2"D
  • Model PS4

Grounded Adapter Plugs

If you are traveling with a grounded United States dual/multi-voltage appliance or using a grounded Transformer you will need to use a grounded adaptor plug. A grounded United States plug has two flat blades and one round pin.

Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs

Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.

Cycles: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz.

Korea operates on 110-220 volt electricity and is generated at 50-60Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. United States 110-120 volt electricity is generated at 60Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. This difference in cycles may cause the motor in your 60Hz United States appliance to operate slightly slower when used on 50Hz foreign electricity. Most modern electronic equipment including battery chargers, Lenovo, HP, Asus, Toshiba computers, iPods, etc., will not be affected by the difference in cycle.

Depending on what appliances you are bringing to Korea, you may want to purchase a voltage converter.  Check to see if your appliances, such as blow dryer and battery chargers, are dual voltage before you leave for your trip.  If your electric appliances are NOT dual voltage you will need to take along a converter.

Computers and Apple Products

If you are traveling overseas with a laptop or apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.

Learn more about traveling overseas with apple products

Converter- Changing Current Voltage

Going in Style adapters allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. Adapter plugs DO NOT convert voltage and only change the configuration of the pins. When voltage conversion is needed, use an electricity converter. An electricity converter changes the voltage input into your appliance. The United States electrical appliances operate on a lower current of 110-120 volts AC (Alternating Current). Most of the world operates on 220-240 volts AC. Therefore converter units enable your electronic and non-electronic appliances to run on foreign electricity (220-240 volts) to match the voltage requirements of your 110-120 volt device. Failure to run your appliance with a converter could damage your appliance.

About South Korea



Korea is located in Eastern Asia, southern half of the Korean Peninsula bordering the Sea of Japan and the Yellow Sea and its area slightly larger than Indiana. Its climate is temperate, with rainfall heavier in summer than winter. The terrain mostly hills and mountains; wide coastal plains in west and south.


Currency in Korea is the Won (KRW). Credit cards are widely accepted in large cities. Foreign currency and travelers cheques can be exchanged at banks throughout Korea.

Staying Connected

Korea has excellent domestic and international telephone services featuring rapid incorporation of new technologies. Korea has fixed-line and mobile-cellular services widely available with a combined telephone subscribership of roughly 160 per 100 persons; rapid assimilation of a full range of telecommunications technologies leading to a boom in e-commerce. Cell phone coverage is better in large cities. When travelling to Korea you will want to take an international or unlocked cell phone with a prepaid Korea SIM card. You can also contact your mobile service provider to set up an international calling plan. You will need an adapter to charge your phone. Most cell phone battery rechargers should be multi-voltage, therefore will not require a converter. If the charger says 100-240 volts, 50-60 cycles then your charger in multi-voltage.

Korea has 293,862 internet hosts and over 39.4 million internet users. Internet access is available almost everywhere including internet cafes open all night and hotels. When traveling with your laptop or iPad you will need an adapter to charge your device.

For more information on South Korea visit the CIA World Factbook https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ks.html