China Travel Adapter Kit | Going In Style

China Travel Adapter Kit | Going In Style

from 15.00

China Adapter Plug Kit has the adapters you will need for traveling to all parts of the beautiful country of China including Wuhan, Shenzhen, Chongqing, Shanghai and Beijing. 

Deluxe Adapter Kit: Includes six adapters and ships Priority Mail with tracking.

Standard PLUS Adapter Kit: Includes three grounded adapters and a Travel Power Surge Strip.

Standard Adapter Kit: Includes three grounded adapters.  

Basic Adapter Kit:  Includes three non-grounded adapters.

Price: $15.00 - $56.00

Add To Cart United Kingdom adapter plug converts US and Australia non-grounded appliances to be used in China. This video shows you how to charge your tablet when traveling to China. You can see what a china outlet looks like and how to use your adapter plug to charge your electronic device overseas.

China is located in Eastern Asia and is the world's fourth largest country after Russia, Canada and the US.  China sees many travelers each year and uses three distinct type of adapter plugs. Deluxe kit, includes six adapters and ships priority mail with tracking. China adapter plugs allow you to plug your United States appliances and electronics into China wall outlets. 

Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. Check to see if your hair dryer, curling iron, electric razor, or batter charger is dual voltage before you travel. Non-grounded adapters may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter.

Many of our customers find it handy to have multiple adaptors while traveling - either to run several appliances simultaneously or simply as a backup.If you think you will need additional adapters for your trip, you can also purchase individual adapters. Buy China adapters before you leave for your trip.  If you wait until you arrive at your destination, you may have trouble finding where to buy adapters plugs in China.

Going In Style China Model GIS-CHIN-B-C-D-GUB-GUC-GUD

China Deluxe Adapter Plug Kit Includes: 

  • Six adapters
  • Personal adapter travel bag
  • Priority shipping upgrade with tracking
  • Going In Style China Model GIS-CHIN-B-C-D-GUB-GUC-GUD

China Standard PLUS Adapter Plug Kit Includes:

  • Three grounded Italy adapter plugs
  • Polarized Plugs
  • One Travel Power Surge Protection Strip
  • Going In Style China Model GIS-CHIN-PS-B-C-D

China Standard Adapter Plug Kit Includes:

  • Three grounded Italy adapter plugs
  • Polarized Plugs
  • Going In Style China Model GIS-CHIN-B-C-D

China Basic Adapter Plug Kit Includes:

  • Three non-grounded adapter plugs
  • CE Certified plugs
  • Going In Style China Model GIS-CHIN-GUB-GUC-GUD

Going In Style Adapters Feature:

  • CE Certified
  • Polarized adapter to fit polarized plugs (one prong larger than the other) 
  • Allows connection up to 240 volts
  • Enables United States appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
  • Enables Europe appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
  • An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).
  • Deluxe Kit comes with its own handy, drawstring travel adapter bag
  • Works with Going In Style Converters and Transformers

Dual Voltage Travel Power Surge Strip


Travel Power Strip with 2 USB Ports and Surge Protection

Travel Power Strip with 2 USB Ports and Surge Protection

Standard PLUS Kit includes the grounded country adapters plus a quality Travel Power Strip with built in surge protection. Power Plug Strip is multi voltage and will work world wide.

Dual voltage Travel Power Surge Strip has complete 3 line surge protection. Plug in your United States / North America appliance plugs into the three AC outlets. Foreign electricity can have unexpected power surges and voltage spikes that can damage expensive electronics and appliances. If you are traveling with a laptop you will want to make a safe connection and surge protection is recommended. Going In Style's Travel Power Strip has built in surge protection so you laptop can make a safe connection.


Travel Power Strip Features:

  • Complete 3 Line Surge Protection
  • Dual Voltage 100 - 240 VAC
  • Three AC outlets Input/Output 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
  • Max load 15A
  • Two 5V DC USB Outlets with Auto cut-off/auto-reset overload protection
  • Weight 0.56 lb.
  • Dimensions 5"H x 3"W x 2"D
  • Model PS4

Grounded Adapter Plugs

If you are traveling with a grounded United States dual/multi-voltage appliance or using a grounded Transformer you will need to use a grounded adaptor plug. A grounded United States plug has two flat blades and one round pin.

Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs

Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.

Cycles: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz.

China operates on 220 volt electricity and is generated at 50Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. United States 110-120 volt electricity is generated at 60Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. This difference in cycles may cause the motor in your 60Hz United States appliance to operate slightly slower when used on 50Hz foreign electricity. Most modern electronic equipment including battery chargers, Lenovo, HP, Asus, Toshiba computers, iPods, etc., will not be affected by the difference in cycle.

Check your appliances to make sure that they are dual voltage before you leave on your trip.

Shop Going In Style Converters and Transformers

Computers and Apple Products

If you are traveling overseas with a Toshiba, HP, Lenovo, Asus, laptop or Apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.

You can learn more about adapters and converters by visiting Going In Style's Video Page , or by visiting Going In Style's Blog.

About China



China is located in Eastern Asia, bordering the East China Sea, Korea Bay, Yellow Sea, and South China Sea, between North Korea and Vietnam and its area slightly smaller than the US. Its climate is extremely diverse; tropical in south to subarctic in north. The terrain mostly mountains, high plateaus, deserts in west; plains, deltas, and hills in east. China is the world's fourth largest country (after Russia, Canada, and US). Natural resources in China include tungsten, aluminum and zinc.


Currency in China is the Renminbi Yuan (CNY). Credit cards are generally accepted in major cities. Foreign money and travelers cheques can be exchanged at banks throughout China.

Staying Connected

China’s domestic and international telephone services are increasingly available for private use, but there is an unevenly distributed domestic system serves principal cities, industrial centers, and many town. China continues to develop its telecommunications infrastructure, and is partnering with foreign providers to expand its global reach. China, in the summer of 2008, began a major restructuring of its telecommunications industry, resulting in the consolidation of its six telecom service operators to three, China Telecom, China Mobile and China Unicom, each providing both fixed-line and mobile services. Cell phone coverage is excellent. When traveling to China you will want to take an international or unlocked cell phone with a prepaid China SIM card. You can also contact your mobile service provider to set up an international calling plan. You will need an adapter to charge your phone. Most cell phone battery rechargers should be multi-voltage, therefore will not require a converter. If the charger says 100-240 volts, 50-60 cycles then your charger in multi-voltage.

China has over 19.772 million internet hosts and over 389 million (2009)internet users. There is internet access in hotels, internet cafes, and coffee shops throughout the major cities. When traveling with your laptop or iPad you will need an adapter to charge your device.