Burma (Myanmar) Adapter Kit | Going In Style

Burma (Myanmar) Adapter Kit | Going In Style

from 17.50

Burma Travel Adaptor Kit allows you to plug in your North America appliances into Burma wall outlets.

Deluxe Adapter Kit: Includes six adapters and ships Priority Mail with tracking.

Standard PLUS: Three grounded adapter plugs and one dual voltage Travel Power Surge Strip.

Standard Adapter Kit: Includes 3 grounded adapters.  

Basic Adapter Kit:  Includes 3 non-grounded adapters.

Price: $17.50 - $56.00

Add To Cart

Grounded and NonGrounded Adapters

Burma, also known as Myanmar is located in Southeastern Asia bordering Bangladesh and Thailand. Going In Style Deluxe Burma Adapter Plug Kit comes with a set of six adapter plugs and includes both grounded and non-grounded plugs for your trip to Burma.

Going In Style Standard Burma Adapter Plug Kit comes with three grounded adapter plugs. Going In Style Basic Burma Adapter Plug kit comes with three non-grounded plugs.

Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. This adapter may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter.

Many of our customers find it handy to have multiple adaptors while traveling - either to run several appliances simultaneously or simply as a backup. If you think you will need additional adapters for your trip, you can also purchase individual adapters.

Buy Burma travel adapters before you depart.  It may be difficult finding where to buy travel adapters in Burma and you will want to charge your cell phone and power up your laptop right away.

Going In Style Burma (Myanmar) Adapter Model GIS-BURM-B-D-F-GUB-GUD-GUF

Deluxe Adapter Plug Kit Includes: 

  • Six adapters
  • Personal adapter travel bag
  • Priority shipping upgrade with tracking
  • Going In Style Model GIS-xx-B-C-D-GUB-GUC-GUD

Standard PLUS Kit Features:

  • Three grounded adapters
  • CE Certified 
  • One power strip
  • Going In Style Adapter Model GIS-BURMA-GUB-GUD-GUF

Standard Adapter Plug Kit Includes:

  • Three grounded Italy adapter plugs
  • Polarized Plugs
  • Going In Style Adapter Model GIS-BURMA-GUB-GUD-GUF

Basic Adapter Plug Kit Includes:

  • Three non-grounded adapter plugs
  • CE Certified plugs
  • Going In Style Adapter Model GIS-BURMA-GUB-GUD-GUF

Going In Style Adapters Feature:

  • CE Certified
  • Polarized adapter to fit polarized plugs (one prong larger than the other) 
  • Allows connection up to 240 volts
  • Enables United States appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
  • Enables Europe appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
  • An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).
  • Deluxe Kit comes with its own handy, drawstring travel adapter bag
  • Works with Going In Style Converters and Transformers

Grounded Adapter Plugs

If you are traveling with a grounded United States dual/multi-voltage appliance or using a grounded Transformer you will need to use a grounded adaptor plug. A grounded United States plug has two flat blades and one round pin.

Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs

Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.

Cycles: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz.

Burma operates on 230 volt electricity and is generated at 60Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. United States 110-120 volt electricity is generated at 60Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. Many foreign countries operate on 50Hz. This difference in cycles may cause the motor in your 60Hz United States appliance to operate slightly slower when used on 50Hz foreign electricity. Most modern electronic equipment including battery chargers, computers, iPods, etc., will not be affected by the difference in cycle.

Computers and Apple Products

If you are traveling overseas with a Toshiba, HP, Lenovo, Asus, laptop or Apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.

Learn more about traveling with apple products

Depending on the appliances you bring to Asia, you may need a converter or a transformer to operate your appliance.

Be sure to check each individual appliance to see if it is dual voltage.  You can watch Going In Style's video on how to check to see if your appliance is dual voltage.

Shop Going In Style Converters and Transformers

About Burma (Myanmar)



Burma is located in Southeastern Asia, bordering the Andaman Sea and the Bay of Bengal, between Bangladesh and Thailand and its area is slightly smaller than Texas. The climate is tropical monsoon; cloudy, rainy, hot, humid summers (southwest monsoon, June to September); less cloudy, scant rainfall, mild temperatures, lower humidity during winter (northeast monsoon, December to April). The terrain consists of central lowlands ringed by steep, rugged highlands.


Currency in Burma is the Kyat (MMK). Credit cards not accepted in Burma except at a few hotels in Yangon and Mandalay; it is best to carry cash. There are no ATMs in Burma and travelers should plan accordingly. Foreign currency can be exchanged at banks, hotels and street exchanges. When exchanging money, don’t hand over your currency until you have received and counted the Kyat. When paying for things in US Dollars make sure you check your change.

Staying Connected

Cell phone service in Burma is not very good. When travelling to Burma you will want to take an international or unlocked cell phone with a prepaid Burma SIM card. You can also purchase a SIM card and phone when you get to Burma. You can also contact your mobile service provider to set up an international calling plan; however, it is likely no roaming agreements exist with Burma. You will need an adapter to charge your phone if you are brining your phone from the US. Most cell phone battery rechargers should be multi-voltage, therefore will not require a converter. If the charger says 100-240 volts, 50-60 cycles then your charger in multi-voltage.

There are over 1,033 internet hosts and over 110,000 internet users. Internet access is available at some hotels and internet cafes. Internet can be expensive, slow, and it may be difficult to access your email. When travelling with your laptop or iPad you will need an adapter to charge your device.