Chad Travel Adapter Kit | Going In Style

Chad Travel Adapter Kit | Going In Style

from 10.50

Chad Adaptor Kit has the adapters you will need to use your US appliances when traveling to Chad. 

Deluxe Adapter Kit: Includes four adapters and ships Priority Mail with tracking.

Standard Adapter Kit: Includes two grounded adapters.  

Basic Adapter Kit:  Includes two non-grounded adapters.

Price: $10.50 - $31.00

Add To Cart

Grounded and Non-Grounded Adaptor Plugs

The country of Chad is located in Africa.  When traveling to Chad it is important to bring along the correct adapter plug.  The Going In Style Deluxe Chad Adapter Plug Kit comes with four adapter plugs and includes both grounded and non-grounded plugs.

Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. A non-grounded adapter may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter.  If your hair dryer, curling iron, electric razor is not dual voltage you will most likely need a converter to use your electric.  For more information see Going In Style's Adapter and Converter Finder.

Many of our customers find it handy to have multiple adaptors while traveling - either to run several appliances simultaneously or simply as a backup.

Going In Style Chad Adapter Model GIS-CHAD-B-F-GUB-GUF

Deluxe Kit Features:

  • Four adapter plugs
  • Priority shipping upgrade
  • Handy travel bag
  • Going In Style Adapter Chad Model GIS-CHAD-B-F-GUB-GUF

Standard Kit Features:

  • Two grounded adapters
  • CE Certified 
  • Going In Style Adapter Chad Model GIS-CHAD-GUB-GUF

Basic Kit Features:

  • Two non-grounded adapters
  • Polarized plugs
  • Going In Style Adapter Chad Model GIS-CHAD-B-F

Going In Style Adapters Feature:

  • CE Certified
  • Polarized adapter to fit polarized plugs (one prong larger than the other) 
  • Allows connection up to 240 volts
  • Enables United States appliance plugs to fit into foreign outlets
  • Enables Europe appliance plugs to fit into foreign outlets
  • An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).
  • Deluxe Kit comes with handy adapter carry bag

Grounded Adapter Plugs

If you are traveling with a grounded United States dual / multi-voltage appliance or using a grounded Transformer you will need to use a grounded adaptor plug. A grounded United States plug has two flat blades and one round pin.

Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs

Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual / multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.

For more information on Grounded and Non Grounded Adapters read Going In Style's Blog,

Cycles: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz.

Chad operates on 220 volt electricity and is generated at 50Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. United States 110-120 volt electricity is generated at 60Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. This difference in cycles may cause the motor in your 60Hz United States appliance to operate slightly slower when used on 50Hz foreign electricity. Most modern electronic equipment including battery chargers, computers, iPods, etc., will not be affected by the difference in cycle.

Be sure to check each individual appliance to see if it is dual voltage.  You can watch Going In Style's video on how to check to see if your appliance is dual voltage.

Shop Going In Style Converters and Transformers

Computers and Apple Products

If you are traveling overseas with a Toshiba, HP, Lenovo, Asus, laptop or Apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.

Watch Going In Style's Adapter Videos

About Chad



The Chad is located in Central Africa, south of Libya. The area is slightly more than three times the size of California. The climate is tropical in south with desert in north. The terrain is broad, arid plains in center, desert in north, mountains in northwest, and lowlands in south.


Currency in Chad is the Franc. Credit cards are not generally accepted with the exception of a few major hotels. Foreign currency and travelers’ cheques can be exchanged at banks.

Staying Connected

Chad has an inadequate telephone system of radiotelephone communication stations with high costs and low telephone density. Fixed-line connections is at less than 1 per 100 persons coupled with mobile-cellular subscribership base of only about 25 per 100 persons When traveling to Chad you will want to take an international or unlocked cell phone with a prepaid Chad SIM card. You can also contact your mobile service provider to set up an international calling plan. You will need an adapter to charge your phone. Most cell phone battery rechargers should be multi-voltage, therefore will not require a converter. If the charger says 100-240 volts, 50-60 cycles then your charger in multi-voltage.

The Chad has 5 internet hosts and 168,100 internet users. Internet availability is limited and slow. When traveling with your laptop or iPad you will need an adapter to charge your device.