Cape Verde Travel Adapter Kit | Going In Style

Cape Verde Travel Adapter Kit | Going In Style

from 4.50

Cape Verde Adaptor Kit allows you to plug in your US appliances, such as hair dryers and electric razors, into Cape Verde wall outlets.  Buy adapters before your depture.

Deluxe Adapter Kit: Includes two adapters and ships Priority Mail with tracking.

Standard Adapter Kit: Includes one grounded adapter.  

Basic Adapter Kit:  Includes one non-grounded adapter.

Price: $4.50 - $15.00

Add To Cart

Grounded and Non Grounded Adapter Plugs

Cape Verde Islands are located in Western Africa in the Atlantic Ocean.  Cape Verde uses the same adapter plugs used in many parts of Continental Europe including Albania, Austria and Poland.  When traveling overseas to Africa, sometimes you will need a converter depending on what appliances you decided to bring. Purchase adapters before your trip so you can charge your cell phone and use your electronics as soon as you arrive at your destination.

The Deluxe Cape Verde Adapter Set comes with two adapter plugs and ships Priority Mail with tracking.  If you are not sure whether you need a grounded or non grounded adapter plug for your trip to Cape Verde Islands, watch Going In Style's adapter video.

Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. A non-grounded adapter may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter.  If your hair dryer, curling iron, electric razor is not dual voltage you will most likely need a converter to use your electric.  For more information see Going In Style's Adapter and Converter Finder.

Many of our customers find it handy to have multiple adaptors while traveling - either to run several appliances simultaneously or simply as a backup.

To learn more about DUAL VOLTAGE and whether you need to purchase a converter, visit Going In Style's Adapter Blog.

Shop Going In Stye's Individual Adapters.

Going In Style Cape Verde Islands Adapter Model GIS-CAP-B-GUB

Deluxe Kit Features:

  • Two adapter plugs
  • Priority shipping upgrade
  • Handy travel bag
  • Going In Style Adapter Model GIS-CAP-B-GUB

Standard Kit Features:

  • One grounded adapter
  • CE Certified 
  • Going In Style Adapter Model GIS-CAP-GUB

Basic Kit Features:

  • One non-grounded adapter
  • Polarized plugs
  • Going In Style Australia Adapter Model GIS-CAP-B

Going In Style Adapters Feature:

  • CE Certified
  • Polarized adapter to fit polarized plugs (one prong larger than the other) 
  • Allows connection up to 240 volts
  • Enables United States appliance plugs to fit into foreign outlets
  • Enables Europe appliance plugs to fit into foreign outlets
  • An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).
  • Deluxe Kit comes with handy adapter carry bag

Grounded Adapter Plugs

If you are traveling with a grounded United States dual/multi-voltage appliance or using a grounded Transformer you will need to use a grounded adaptor plug. A grounded United States plug has two flat blades and one round pin.

Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs

Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.

Cycles: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz.

Cape Verde Islands operate on 220 volt electricity and is generated at 50Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. United States 110-120 volt electricity is generated at 60Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. This difference in cycles may cause the motor in your 60Hz United States appliance to operate slightly slower when used on 50Hz foreign electricity. Most modern electronic equipment including battery chargers, computers, iPods, etc., will not be affected by the difference in cycle.

Be sure to check each individual appliance to see if it is dual voltage.  You can watch Going In Style's video on how to check to see if your appliance is dual voltage.

Shop Going In Style Converters and Transformers

Computers and Apple Products

If you are traveling overseas with a Toshiba, HP, Lenovo, Asus, laptop or Apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.


About Cape Verde Islands


The Cape Verde Islands is a group of islands located in Western Africa, in the North Atlantic Ocean, west of Senegal. The area is slightly larger than Rhode Island. The climate is temperate; warm, dry summer; precipitation meager and erratic. The terrain is steep, rugged, rocky and volcanic. Cape Verde is an important sea and air refueling site.


Currency is the Cape Verde Escudo (CVE). Credit cards are generally not accepted except for in major hotels. There are few ATMs in Cape Verde. Foreign currency and travelers’ cheques can be exchanged at banks and at the airport.

Staying Connected

Cape Verde has an effective system, extensive modernization from 1996-2000 following partial privatization in 1995. The major service provider is Cabo Verde Telecom (CVT); fiber-optic ring, completed in 2001, links all islands providing Internet access and ISDN services; cellular service introduced in 1998; broadband services launched in 2004. When travelling to Cape Verde Islands you will want to take an international or unlocked cell phone with a prepaid Cape Verde Islands SIM card. You can also contact your mobile service provider to set up an international calling plan. You will need an adapter to charge your phone. Most cell phone battery rechargers should be multi-voltage, therefore will not require a converter. If the charger says 100-240 volts, 50-60 cycles then your charger in multi-voltage.

Cape Verde Islands has 31 internet hosts and 150,000 internet users. Internet is available at some hotels and private providers offer internet services. When traveling with your laptop or iPad you will need an adapter to charge your device.