Adapter Plug Non Grounded Travel UK and Hong Kong

Adapter Plug Non Grounded Travel UK and Hong Kong


United Kingdom and Hong Kong, Non Grounded Adapter, with three, large, square pins will converter your US appliances to work overseas in the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Hong Kong...

This is a Non-Grounded adaptor and works with appliance plugs that have only two pins. If you are traveling with a laptop that has a three prong plug you will need a grounded adapter.  

Also a converter may still be required depending on what appliances you will be using in a foreign country.

Add To Cart

United Kingdom adapter plug converts America USA China and Australia non-grounded appliances to be used in the United Kingdom

Non grounded adapter works in England, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Guyana, Scotland, and Hong Kong.

Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. Check to make sure your hair dryer, curling iron, electric razor and other appliances are dual voltage before you leave on your trip. Non-grounded adapters may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter.

Many of our customers find it handy to have multiple adaptors while traveling - either to run several appliances simultaneously or simply as a backup. If you think you will need additional adapters for your trip, you can also purchase individual adapters.

Going In Style Adapters Feature:

  • Polarized adapter to fit polarized plugs (one prong larger than the other) 
  • Allows connection up to 240 volts
  • Enables United States appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
  • Enables Europe appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
  • An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).
  • Going In Style Adapters will work with Going In Style Converters
  • Going In Style Adapter Model GIS-UK-D

Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs

Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.

Computers and Apple Products

If you are traveling overseas with a laptop or apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.

Converter- Changing Current Voltage

Going in Style adapters allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. Adapter plugs DO NOT convert voltage and only change the configuration of the pins. When voltage conversion is needed, use an electricity converter. An electricity converter changes the voltage input into your appliance. The United States electrical appliances operate on a lower current of 110-120 volts AC (Alternating Current). Most of the world operates on 220-240 volts AC. Therefore converter units enable your electronic and non-electronic appliances to run on foreign electricity (220-240 volts) to match the voltage requirements of your 110-120 volt device. Failure to run your appliance with a converter could damage your appliance.

Shop Going In Style Converters

List of Countries that use the UK and Hong Kong Adapter Plug

About England (UK)


The United Kingdom is known for its charming architecture, parks, posh denizens and let's not forget its wet, drizzly weather.  


England (UK) is located in Western Europe, islands - including the northern one-sixth of the island of Ireland - between the North Atlantic Ocean and the North Sea; northwest of France and its area slightly smaller than Oregon. Its climate is temperate; moderated by prevailing southwest winds over the North Atlantic Current; more than one-half of the days are overcast. The terrain is mostly rugged hills and low mountains; level to rolling plains in east and southeast . England is only 35 km from France and linked by tunnel under the English Channel; because of heavily indented coastline, no location is more than 125 km from tidal waters. Natural Resources include limestone, gold and salt.


Currency in England (UK) is the Pound (GBP). Credit cards are generally accepted. Foreign money and travelers’ cheques can be exchanged at banks throughout England (UK). Travelers cheques are accepted at many hotel and restaurants.

Staying Connected

England (UK) has a technologically advanced domestic and international telephone system equal mix of buried cables, microwave radio relay, and fiber-optic systems. Cell phone coverage is superb. When traveling to England (UK) you will want to take an international or unlocked cell phone with a prepaid England (UK) SIM card. You can also contact your mobile service provider to set up an international calling plan. You will need an adapter to charge your phone. Most cell phone battery rechargers should be multi-voltage, therefore will not require a converter. If the charger says 100-240 volts, 50-60 cycles then your charger in multi-voltage.

England (UK) has 8.409 million internet hosts and over 51.444 million internet users. There is internet access in tourist hotels and internet cafes throughout England. When traveling with your laptop or iPad you will need an adapter to charge your device.


When flying into the United Kingdom you will have to choose between its 271 total airports.  Of course, some of these airports are either military or private airport, but that still leaves 15 international airports to choose from when flying to the UK from another country, including Belfast International, London Gatwick and Newcastle. Read about Carry-On Luggage Restrictions at UK aiports.

Once you land in the UK you can travel by car, van or taxi, which is the most common mode of transportation.  In London the taxis are black and if the "for hire" sign is lit up taxi drivers must stop for you when you hail that cab.  Buses and trains are also a convenient mode of transportation.  The red double decker buses are famous in England. Britain has over 2,500 train stations, therefore taking a train is advantageous.  The main train stations in London are Euston, St. Pancras, Victoria and Charing Cross.  Find Rail Connections in London.

The underground subway system is called the "tube".  London's tube network covers the most area of any other underground subway system.  London's underground railway is a great way to travel if you are sightseeing in London.

For more information on the United Kingdom you can visit the CIA World FactBook.