CE Certified Grounded Adapter for USA to UK / Parts of China / Hong Kong

CE Certified Grounded Adapter for USA to UK / Parts of China / Hong Kong


Grounded, British 3 pin adapter plug accepts North America 2 and 3 prong plugs and converts plugs to the UK style electrical plug.

This adapter is grounded and works with appliance plugs that have either two or three pins. If you are traveling with a laptop with a three prong plug you will need a grounded adapter.  

Also a converter may still be required depending on what appliances you will be using in a foreign country.

UPC USA to UK and parts of China Adapter 816366010047

Add To Cart

USA to UK / Parts of China & Hong Kong Plug Features:

  • Premium Grounded 3 prong voltage adapter plug for 220 volt power outlets in the United Kingdom
  • England, Britain, UK, Ireland, & Scotland Adapter
  • Hong Kong & parts of China Adapter
  • Parts of Africa & Middle East Adapter
  • Model# GIS-A1004
  • Sku 9

UK Grounded Adapter Plug

United Kingdom adapter plug has three fat square pins.  The UK adapter works in a variety of countries around the world including Malawi, Malaysia, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Solomon Islands, St Kitts, Wales, parts of China and Hong Kong ...

Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. Check to make sure your hair dryer, curling iron, electric razor and other appliances are dual voltage before you leave on your trip.  Non-grounded adapters may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter.

Many of our customers find it handy to have multiple adaptors while traveling - either to run several appliances simultaneously or simply as a backup.

Going In Style Adapters Feature:

  • CE Certified
  • Allows connection up to 240 volts
  • Enables United States appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
  • Enables Europe appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
  • An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).
  • Going In Style Adapters will work with Going In Style ConvertersGoing In Style Adapter Model GIS-NORTH-GUA

Grounded Adapter Plugs

If you are traveling with a grounded United States dual/multi-voltage appliance or using a grounded Transformer you will need to use a grounded adaptor plug. A grounded United States plug has two flat blades and one round pin.

Computers and Apple Products

If you are traveling overseas with a laptop or apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.

Converter- Changing Current Voltage

Going in Style adapters allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. Adapter plugs DO NOT convert voltage and only change the configuration of the pins. When voltage conversion is needed, use an electricity converter. An electricity converter changes the voltage input into your appliance. The United States electrical appliances operate on a lower current of 110-120 volts AC (Alternating Current). Most of the world operates on 220-240 volts AC. Therefore converter units enable your electronic and non-electronic appliances to run on foreign electricity (220-240 volts) to match the voltage requirements of your 110-120 volt device. Failure to run your appliance with a converter could damage your appliance.


Shop Going In Style Converters


List of Countries that Use UK and Hong Kong Type Sockets

About United Kingdom

The United Kingdom is known for its charming architecture, parks, posh denizens and let's not forget its wet, drizzly weather.  



United Kingdom is located in Western Europe, islands - including the northern one-sixth of the island of Ireland - between the North Atlantic Ocean and the North Sea; northwest of France. Its area is slightly smaller than Oregon. Its climate is temperate; moderated by prevailing southwest winds over the North Atlantic Current; more than one-half of the days are overcast. The terrain is mostly rugged hills and low mountains; level to rolling plains in east and southeast.


Currency in United Kingdom is the Pound (GBP). Credit cards are accepted all over the United Kingdom. Foreign currency and travelers’ cheques can be exchanged at currency exchange offices and banks, post offices and at some hotels.

Staying Connected

United Kingdom has a technologically advanced domestic and international telephone system with equal mix of buried cables, microwave radio relay, and fiber-optic systems. When traveling to United Kingdom you will want to take an international or unlocked cell phone with a prepaid United Kingdom SIM card. You can also contact your mobile service provider to set up an international calling plan. You will need an adapter to charge your phone. Most cell phone battery rechargers should be multi-voltage, therefore will not require a converter. If the charger says 100-240 volts, 50-60 cycles then your charger in multi-voltage.

United Kingdom has 8.409 million internet hosts and over 51.444 million internet users. Free Wi-Fi is available in hotels and coffee shops and there are internet cafes throughout the United Kingdom. When traveling with your laptop or iPad you will need an adapter to charge your device.

For more information on the United Kingdom you can visit the CIA World FactBook.