Going In Style | Travel Adapters

World Travel Adapters

Electrical plug adapters are usually required when you travel abroad. Adapters enable your appliances to be plugged in to any type of electrical outlet around the world by changing the pin configuration of your power plug.

ORDER DESK 800-637-8953

International Shipping | Shipping & Returns | Contact Us | Privacy Policy




Heavy Duty Transformers

Photo by Jackl

Photo by Jackl

Heavy Duty Transformers are used when continuous power is needed for large electrical equipment such as a refrigerator or power tools. Transformers can either step up or step down electrical voltage. Usually if you are using a United States appliance in another country, you will need a step down transformer.

Step down transformers decrease voltage.  In North America, 110 - 120 volts electricity is used and appliances are designed for this amount of electricity. In many foreign countries 220 volts of electricity is used. If you plug a United States television into an outlet in Germany (230 volts) without a transformer, you are likely to damage the television permanently.  

If you are traveling to Japan you will need a Step Up Transformer, since Japan uses 100 volts electricity, compared to 120 volt electricity in the United States.

Appliances that require a Transformer:

  • Computers
  • Microwaves
  • Refrigerators
  • Medical Equipment
  • Power Tools
  • Stereo Systems
  • Answering Machines
  • Breathing Machines
  • Cordless Telephones
  • Fans
  • Fax Machines
  • Printers
  • DVD Players
  • Blenders
  • Juicers
  • Monitors
  • Televisions
  • Sewing Machines
  • Bread Machines
  • Food Processors
  • Meat Slicers
  • Coffee Machines
  • Clothes Iron
  • Waffle Maker
  • Vacuums

All appliance require different transformer wattage so be sure to check the wattage of the particular appliance.